Thank you for your interest in volunteering!
Resident Volunteers (RVs):
Resident Volunteers live at the retreat center, and support the center and retreats with about 20 hours of work each week. There are usually between 6-8 Resident Volunteers at a given time. RVs are committed to practicing together daily, sitting retreats, and participating in community activities. Click here for more information and/or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Requirement: A one year commitment and participation in at least one IRC retreat (or similar).
- Fill out a Resident Volunteer Application.
Five Service Leaders, experienced retreat practitioners, both sit the retreat and serve the retreat in leadership positions as cooks and managers. For more information, see Service Leader Descriptions.
If after reading the descriptions, you are interested in periodically serving IRC retreats, please contact email@example.com
Current Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
- These change regularly, please fill out a Volunteer Application even if nothing is listed that works for you.
- Audio Editor/Upload Dharma Talks: This is done remotely, no need to be at IRC. This is a shared job so can easily accommodate time away.
- 1-2 hours after each retreat. Usually 1-2 retreats per month.
- Occasional light editing (such as trimming beginning silence) and use of Google Sheets.
- Handyperson: a local person to help our Facilities Manager with repairs and maintenance of the center. One or two days a month.
- Online Retreat Manager: Co-hosting the Zoom sessions and supporting the yogis and teachers as needed. There are 2 managers one serving the “morning” and the other taking over at 1:30 pm Pacific time. East Coast managers would take the morning part. See here for more info.
- Technology Support, Onsite: Someone who lives locally to support IRC’s computer systems, network and recording/audio system.